Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's the little things

M and I went out for date night last night to this quirky little place with really tasty really healthy food.  Once the server set my salad down, I eyed it quickly - mentally counting the carbs it contained - and excused myself to the restroom.  Upon opening the door, my eyes widened, and a smile lit up my face.

It's the little things, folks.  I'd become proficient at testing my sugar with little more than a toilet paper holder to balance my supplies.  But here, in the restroom of this quirky little place, was a richly stained wooden cabinet.  With marble finishing.  At waist height.  I set my purse down on the smooth finish, spread out my supplies, and tested my sugar, enjoying every second of this delightful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment