Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Sweet Spot

Driving home the other night, cool air from the A/C swirling gently through my curls and around my neck, the local country station playing one of my favorites, I relaxed into my seat and took a deep breath.

And aaahh.  That feeling I get when I'm right in the right range.  I retrieved my Dexcom from the back pocket of my purse and took a peek.  83.  The only way I can describe the feeling is...drained.  Like there had been fluid from the tips of my toes to the crown of my head, and it had all been drained out, leaving me lighter and emptier.  Calmer.  I feel so calm and peaceful when I'm in that sweet spot.

I relaxed into it for a bit, then was struck by the thought that I wouldn't be here for very much longer.  That my blood sugar would meander slowly, ever so slowly, away from 80.  It had been awhile since dinner, and down was the only direction for my blood sugar to go.  Or, if I snacked before bed, slowly, ever so slowly, up to 90.  Then 100.  Then...

I felt such envy in that moment for people whose body naturally keeps them in this sweet spot.  People who feel this light, this empty, this calm.  All the time.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment